DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You’re paralyzed by mental blocks as deadlines approach.
- You question your ability to learn ideas and technologies quickly.
- You doubt, discount, and kill your ideas before they see the light of day.
You’re so afraid of being judged that you hold yourself back and don’t share your expertise.
My friend, you – and the great work that you’re capable of doing – are suffering from an overly active Inner Critic.
Luckily, we can learn how to silence the Inner Critic to begin achieving our personal best.
June 21st 2017
Venue to be confirmed
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
- The 3 power practices that will transform how you relate to yourself and your creativity forever
- How to transform negative self-talk into the positive and use it as a tool for success
- Techniques to get back in touch with your unique needs skills and talents
- How to generate more ideas than ever before
- A powerful practice for building mastery quickly
- How to move from debilitating and immobilizing comparison into action
- Ways to work smarter (and not harder), and how to learn from critiques and setbacks
The Inner Critic is the biggest barrier between the seeds of our brilliant ideas and the fruits of our achievement. It saps our creative confidence and robs us from the opportunity to excel at our work. In stark contrast, in the absence of the Inner Critic our creative confidence builds, enabling us to use our unique combination of skills and talents to solve problems that help people in both our business and personal lives.
In this workshop, you’ll learn techniques to silence your Inner Critic to overcome self-doubt, to stop committing “ideacide,” to get over the fear of judgement and feeling overwhelmed, and to become self-referential and trust your ideas and process. You’ll also learn a process for learning and applying new information quickly, methods to generate ideas alone and with others, and how to embrace your uniqueness and use it as an advantage in your career. Through discovering how to create the mental space and energy to begin to let our true talents emerge, we can get to a place where we are not only unstuck, but where we are finally able to start doing our best work.
Denise Jacobs is a Speaker + Author + Creativity Evangelist who keynotes conferences and consults with tech companies worldwide. As the Founder + CEO of The Creative Dose, she teaches game-changing techniques for busting through creative blocks, cultivating collaboration, and up-leveling productive creativity. She leads workshops and trainings that unlock creativity in individuals, teams, and workplaces. A web and tech industry veteran, Denise is the author of The CSS Detective Guide and co-author of the Smashing Book #3 1/3 and Interact with Web Standards.
Denise is also the founder of Rawk The Web, a movement focused on changing the face of the tech industry by increasing the numbers of visible diverse tech experts, and the Head Instigator of The Creativity (R)Evolution, a movement to spread the force of creativity around the world as a vehicle for positive change. She’s currently working on her latest book to help unblock creativity entitled Banish Your Inner Critic, due to be released in 2017.
Read more at www.denisejacobs.com
“Honest talk from Denise Jacobs about fear, how it affects the creative process, and how to banish the inner critic.”
— Jeff Eaton, @eaton
“If you’re a creative and struggle with your inner critic, Denise Jacobs will move you.”
— Chad White, @thechaddesigner